Monday, October 16, 2006

Talking Parrots

A lady goes to her priest one day and tells him, "Father, I have a problem. I have a female parrot, but she only knows how to say one thing."

"What does she say?" the priest inquired.

She says, "I`m a naughty girl. I`m a naughty girl."

The priest thought for a moment and said, "You know, I may have a solution to your problem. I have three male talking parrots, which I have taught to pray and read the Bible. Bring your parrot over to my house, and we'll put her in the cage with my male parrots. My parrots can teach your parrot to pray and worship, and your parrot is sure to stop saying, 'I`m a naughty girl; I`m a naughty girl.'"

"Thank you," the woman responded, "this may very well be the solution."

The next day, she brought her female parrot to the priest's house. As he ushered her in, she saw that his male parrots were inside their cage holding rosary beads and praying. Impressed, she walked over and placed her parrot in with them.

After a few minutes, the female parrot said..."I`m a naughty girl; I`m a naughty girl."

There was stunned silence. Shocked, one male parrot looked over at the other male parrots and exclaimed, "Drop the beads, boys.... Our prayers have been answered!"

No comments: