City of East Los Angeles High School Math Proficiency Final Exam
- Johnny has an AK-47 with a 40 round clip. If he misses 6 out of ten shots and shoots 13 rounds at every drive-by shooting, how many drive-by shootings can he attend before he has to reload? What is the maximum number of people he can hit?
- Jose has 2 ounces of cocaine. He sells an 8-ball to Ricky for $320, and 2 grams to Juan for $85 per gram. How many ounces does he have left? What is the street value of the remaining coke?
- Rufus is pimping three girls. If his cut is $65 per trick, how many tricks will each girl have to turn so Rufus can support his $800 per day crack habit?
- Jerome wants to cut his 1/2 pound of heroin to make 20% more profit. How many ounces will he need?
- Willie gets $200 for stealing a BMW, $50 for a Chevy, and $100 for a 4 x 4. If he has stolen 2 BMW's and three 4 x 4's, how many Chevys will he have to steal to make $1000?
- Raoul is serving 6 years in prison for murder. He was paid $10,000 for the hit. If his common law wife is spending $100 per month, how much money will be left when he gets out of prison (with time off for good behavior/overcrowding) and how many years will he get for killing the bitch that spent his money?
- If the average spray can covers 22 square feet and the average letter is 8 square feet, how many letters can a tagger spray if he steals 3 full cans of paint and finds 1 can of paint 1/3 empty?
- Hector knocked up 6 of the girls in his gang. There are 28 girls in the gang. What percentage of the girls has Hector knocked up?
- Thelma can cook dinner for her 16 children for $7.50 per night. She gets $234 a month welfare for each child. If her $325 per month rent goes up 15%, how many more children should she have to keep up with her expenses?
- Salvador was arrested for dealing crack and his bail was set at $25,000. If he pays a bail bondsman 12% and returns to Mexico, how much money will he lose by jumping bail?